Paid Social Strategist
Major Tom is looking for a Paid Social Strategist to join their team in Vancouver.
Position: Paid Social Strategist
Posted: 3 March 2022
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Holt Renfrew, Teck Resources, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re on the lookout for an experienced and talented Paid Social Strategist to join our team! This is a key role within the media team, responsible for defining and executing on clients’ strategies across Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, and other paid social channels. This includes compiling recommendations, researching opportunities, setting up campaigns, creating ad copy, and running ongoing optimizations. The Strategist should be experienced in analyzing complex data, creating reports, and making data-driven decisions. Reporting to our Media Director, the Strategist will be tasked with ensuring that all deliverables are presented on time and meet client objectives.
The Paid Social Strategist we’re looking for has all the technical skills along with the capabilities to create a strategic vision for their accounts. They will be able to make key decisions for the success of the project by determining the steps and resources needed. The success of these campaigns will require close management and considerate decision-making.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years working in a paid social marketing capacity or an in-house paid social marketing position
- Passion for and in-depth understanding of all key social media channels
- Experience in paid social media planning and delivery, with demonstrated results. This includes compiling strategies highlighting recommended budgets, targeting, ad formats, channels, etc.
- Experience executing and optimizing across paid social channels: Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Experience with copywriting across various paid social channels (following best practices)
- Knowledge and in-depth experience with remarketing and custom audience targeting
- Able to understand and interpret data using analytics and reporting tools (experienced with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Data Studio)
- Experience executing and optimizing E-commerce and Lead Generation campaigns
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in client/project meetings
- Excellent written skills, including ad copy experience
- Detail-oriented, ensuring Quality Assurance processes are met
- Ability to maintain job performance and a positive attitude in a growing and changing organization
- Thrives under pressure and able to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously while maintaining high attention to detail
Not Deal-breakers, But Assets:
- Paid Search (Google & Microsoft) experience
- Media buying/planning including use of third party research tools
- Programmatic experience (DV360)
- Amazon Ads experience
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Communicate regularly with Account Managers ensuring their client’s goals are being met for paid social campaigns
- Conceptualize, drive, implement and present paid social strategies that achieve client business and marketing objectives
- Set strategy for, manage and execute complex paid social media campaigns
- Set-up and manage Facebook/Instagram and other paid social campaigns
- Monitor and optimize paid social campaigns
- Use analytics tools for ongoing reporting and optimizations
- Create monthly/quarterly reports for clients that offer insights into initiatives undertaken by Major Tom Marketing and identify opportunities to expand on the services provided to those clients
- Monitor trends in social media channels, tools, and metrics to inform campaigns and strategy
- Perform research to inform strategy and campaign development
- Proactively make strategic campaign recommendations to clients
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
- Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Application Link: https://bit.ly/3HCBJZB